The Akeman | 9 Akeman Street, Tring, HP23 6AA | 01442 826027
Built on the ancient Roman road of Akeman Street in 1901, the Akeman in Tring reopened its doors in 2007. Our Victorian building was designed by acclaimed local architect William Huckvale, and several original features have been retained, including the Victorian façade and the fireplace in the bar. The wood panelling, full-length windows and warm décor have transformed us into a destination venue located just seconds away from the centre of town.
Our courtyard and decking area comes complete with fireplace and comfortable seating options, while one of Hertfordshire’s most diverse Woodland Trust sites, Tring Park, is a short walk away. This historic park contains mixed woodland and parkland landscaped in the late 17th and early 18th centuries by Charles Bridgeman, and is home to a variety of plants, birds, invertebrates and mammals.
The Akeman Inn | Kingswood, Aylesbury, HP18 0QJ | 01296 770318
Named after the ancient Roman road upon which it resides, The Akeman Inn in Kingswood existed as a coaching inn for 200 years, until the mid-19th century. Situated between Bicester and Aylesbury, this substantial building offers a lounge and bar area with a range of comfortable seating options and open fireplace, a modern restaurant with timber beams and an open kitchen, views of open countryside, and ample parking.
The Anchor | Ferry Road, Hullbridge, SS5 6ND | 01702 230777
Set in the heart of Essex and overlooking the River Crouch, The Anchor is a modern and spacious pub and restaurant in the town of Hullbridge. Using local produce and celebrating the county’s natural larder, The Anchor pride themselves on working closely with local suppliers to ensure that only the freshest, ethically-sourced, seasonal food makes it onto the menus.
Banyers House | 16 Melbourne Street, Royston, SG8 7BZ | 01763 290530
One of Royston's most iconic buildings, Banyers House in Melbourn Street, re opened its doors in December 2016. Situated within easy walking distance of the town centre, this Grade II listed Georgian building has been transformed into a destination venue with a dedicated car park, 90-seat restaurant, extensive bar area and nine boutique-style bedrooms.
Open all day from 7am, we serve a seasonal, Mediterranean-inspired menu in the light filled orangery and elegant dining room. Whether you're tempted to try a Neapolitan pizza, freshly prepared by one of our trained pizzaiolos and cooked in our wood-fired oven, or one of our dishes cooked to order in our charcoal fuelled Josper grill, you'll find we place great emphasis on the quality and provenance of our ingredients.
The Beech House | 17 Penn Road, Beaconsfield, HP9 2PN | 01494 842166
Once a 1960s newsagent, the modern and welcoming style of The Beech House in Beaconsfield has made it a destination venue within the town. Situated within easy walking distance of the train station as well as a variety of local attractions, like the Bekonscot model village and railway, we’ve become well known for our artisan coffee, local beers and charcoal-grilled Mediterranean-inspired cooking.
As members of the Associazone Verace Pizza Napoletana, we serve authentic Neapolitan pizza, handmade by our trained pizzaiolos and cooked in our wood-burning oven. And for families, our bespoke children’s menu with accompanying activity pack offers a variety of nutritious choices.
The Beech House | 727 Warwick Road, Solihull, B91 3DA | 0121 272 7730
Exposed brick and wood panelling exemplify the modern and welcoming style of The Beech House in Solihull. The atmosphere of the lounge and bar combined with the town centre location make this an ideal meeting place, whilst our restaurant with its open kitchen offers a seasonal, Mediterranean-inspired menu from 8am, every day of the week.
The Beech House St Albans | 81 St Peters Street, St Albans, AL1 3EG | 01727 701230
Located in the historic city of St Albans, The Beech House on St Peter's Street opened its doors in September 2014. A convenient 10-minute walk away from St Albans City train station, this former 1930s art deco building has become well known for its artisan coffee, speciality teas, and charcoal-grilled cooking.
Behind the glass façade you’ll find an extensive bar area with a range of comfortable seating options and superfast WiFi connectivity, whilst diners are invited to witness our chefs prepare our Mediterranean-inspired menu in an open kitchen, complete with Josper grill and wood-fired oven.
The Betsey Wynne | 21 Mursley Road, Swanbourne, MK17 0SH | 01296 720825
Surrounded by patios, manicured gardens and 1,300 acres of farmland, The Betsey Wynne in Swanbourne re-opened its doors in 2016. Named after the Swanbourne Estate’s 18th century owner, this traditional home farm venue has become a prominent destination in the village thanks to its striking views, 50-seat restaurant, extensive bar and lounge area, and specially designed function room. For our younger guests, an old Massey 135 tractor has become a popular attraction.
The Blue Boar | 28 Market Street, Witney, OX28 6BH | 01993 776353
Overlooking the market square in the historic town of Witney, The Blue Boar dates back to the 17th century. For 200 years, this Cotswold coaching inn bore the name of The Marlborough in honour of the Duke before its original name was restored when it reopened its doors in 2011. Following our extensive restoration we now offer a 70-seat restaurant, bar area, function room, imposing courtyard and 20 boutique-style bedrooms.
The Crown & Thistle | 18 Bridge Street, Abingdon-on-Thames, OX14 3HS | 01235 522556
With a history dating back to 1605, The Crown & Thistle on Bridge Street re-opened its doors in 2013, following a £1.8m restoration. This Grade II listed coaching inn comprises three individual buildings clustered around a cobbled courtyard, framed by 200-year-old wisteria. Having been sympathetically designed, many of the buildings’ original features, such as timber beams, open brickwork, and window frames that aren’t square, remain throughout the restaurant, extensive bar area, elegant function rooms and 18 boutique-style bedrooms.
The Dog and Badger | Henley Road, Medmenham, Marlow, SL7 2HE | 01491 579944
The Dog & Badger, a luxurious bar, restaurant and rooms, is located in the village of Medmenham between Marlow and Henley-on-Thames. Many of the charming original features in this grade II listed building remain but it has also been extended to provide a lighter, more contemporary open space.
The Four Alls | Binton Bridge, Binton Road, Welford-On-Avon, CV37 8PW | 01789 332184
Sat beside the river Avon, The Four Alls is a warm and friendly meeting place - inside and out.
When it comes to eating and drinking, for us, good ingredients and preparation are everything. Try one of our ethically sourced meat or fish dishes cooked over our charcoal-fired Josper grill, and you'll know exactly what we're talking about.
The Globe | 10 Theatre Street, Warwick, CV34 4DP | 01926 479100
First opened in 1788 as the Globe Inn Commercial & Posting House, The Globe in Warwick is situated on the corner of Theatre Street, between Warwick Castle and Market Place. In the early 1800s, this Grade II listed building became a theatre hosting pantomimes and plays, and until the 1960s was accessible via an iron bridge spanning a ravine-like street named The Hollway. Today, we are a destination venue with an extensive bar and lounge area, 87-seat restaurant, private dining room and 16 boutique-style hotel rooms.
The Kings Arms | 147 High Street, Berkhamsted, HP4 3HL | 01442 866595
On the edge of Berkhamsted’s high street market, and just a 10-minute walk from the train station, stands former 18th-century coaching inn, The Kings Arms. Many of the building’s original features have been preserved, including our bar’s substantial ‘hunting-lodge’ fireplace, and exposed beams in the principal bedrooms. Named for Berkhamsted-born author Graham Greene, our elegant function room offers an ideal space for events and gatherings of any kind, while the 14 en-suite bedrooms, light-filled restaurant and comfortable lounge and bar have transformed us into a destination venue.
The Kings Head | 177 High Street, Chipping Ongar, CM5 9JG | 01277 508905
Established in 1679 as a coaching inn, The King's Head in Chipping Ongar is the oldest brick-fronted building on Chipping Ongar High Street. Named after King James II, who is believed to have stayed here during his reign, this Grade II listed building is home to a traditional lounge area with open fire, comfortable bar, function room, and a 100-seat restaurant, complete with full-length open kitchen.
The Navigation | Thrupp Wharf, Station Road, Cosgrove, MK19 7BE | 01908 926270
Dating back to 1822, The Navigation Inn in Cosgrove overlooks the Grand Union Canal and surrounding countryside. Once bordered by a wharf yard, corn warehouses, a coach house, Brewhouse and numerous other buildings, this Victorian inn has been carefully restored and extended to create a destination venue with an extensive lounge and bar area, 80-seat restaurant, covered garden space, and dedicated carpark.
The Old Post Office | St Martins Street, Wallingford, OX10 0AA | 01491 836068
Overlooking Wallingford’s market square, the Grade II listed building in St Martin's Street that was once home to the town’s prominent post office, first re-opened its doors as an Oakman Inn in 2009. In addition to bearing the same name, The Old Post Office features many of the original elements, including the Victorian counter, and the traditional red post box situated in our front courtyard.
The Penny Farthing | 296-298 High Street, Berkhamsted, HP4 1AH | 01442 872828
Whether you're here for business or leisure, you're sure of a good night's sleep at The Penny Farthing Hotel. Not only thanks to our super-comfy beds in stylishly appointed rooms, but also because we're set back from Berkhamsted's high street. So you can drift off in peace, happy in the knowledge your car is tucked away in our private car park.
The Red Lion | Leighton Buzzard Road, Water End, HP1 3BD | 01442 213594
With a history dating back to 1730, The Red Lion at Water End is situated in rural Hertfordshire. During its life as an old coaching inn, the building housed a Brewhouse, two cellars and six rooms, and occupied three acres of land complete with animals and farm equipment. Current features include a lounge and bar area, dining space with open kitchen, and a spacious carpark.
The Walter Arms | Bearwood Rd, Sindlesham, Wokingham, RG41 5BP | 0118 977 4903
Dating back to the 19th century, The Walter Arms is a welcoming pub in the heart of Sindlesham village. When it comes to eating and drinking, for us, good ingredients and preparation are everything. Open daily The Walter Arms serves a seasonal menu inspired by Mediterranean flavours. Try one of our ethically sourced meat or fish dishes cooked over our charcoal-fired Josper grill, and you'll know exactly what we're talking about.
The White Hart | 125 Dunstable Street, Ampthill, MK45 2NG | 01525 305200
Once an 18th century coaching inn, The White Hart in Ampthill is situated in the north of the Georgian market town. This historic Grade II listed building, which may date back as far as the 16th Century, continues to be a prominent destination in Ampthill. Features include a wall mural above the bar’s fireplace of the Prince of Wales feathers, created by local artists in 1646, whilst our stylish 1930s dining room was built towards the end of the arts and crafts era.